1. What makes JK House of Grace unique and different from other assisted living homes?
- RN on duty/on call 24/7 and trained staff
- One level facility in safe neighborhood
- A clean and well maintained facility
- A facility that looks and feels like a place you could call home
- Residents can decorate their private room
- A pet friendly community
- An outdoor patio
- Safety features such as handrails, grab bars, alarmed doors, fire extinguishers, monitored fire alarm and sprinkler system
- Large egress windows
- Surveillance Cameras
- Standby electric generator
2. Do you have rooms available?
- Please call (301) 792-1144 to see what rooms, private or semi-private, are available.
3. What level of care are you able to provide?
- We are licensed for Level III (3) care which is the highest level of care. We accept residents with level I, II and III.
4. Do you accept residents who are suffering from Dementia, Alzheimers and need help with memory care? - Yes. We are licensed to provide care for up to level III with residents suffering from Dementia,
Alzheimers and those needing memory care.
5. Do you have locked units for residents with behavioral issues?
- No. As an assisted living facility, we are not allowed to lock the residents in a locked unit.
6. What are your fees?
- The fees are based on the level of care needed by the resident.
7. How do you determine the “level of care” for a resident?
- Based on information provided by a doctor and an assessment performed by the RN guided by the State
of Maryland COMAR, a level of care is established for the resident.
8. How often do your fees increase?
- Our fees usually increase annually. We try to keep any increases to a minimum but due to the rising cost
of living increases and continuing minimum wage increases there is an annual increase. In some case
within the year, if the physical condition of the resident changes dramatically, there might be cause to
increase the fees at that time following a new assessment on the resident.
9. What is included in your fees?
- The following items are included in the service fee:
~ A private or semi-private room which includes a closet, bed, bedside table and
lamp, chair, dresser, bath linens and bed linens; small locked storage bins for personal items.
~ A dietician created a meal plan which include three meals a day and additional snacks with
beverages. We accommodate special dietary needs;
~ All ADLs which include personal care services, assistance with eating, personal hygiene,
transferring, toileting, grooming and dressing;
~ Nail filing and manicure, foot soaking and foot massage.
~ Personal care items such as toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving cream, lotions, powders, comb,
tissues, shampoo, deodorants.
~ Daily housekeeping services;
~ Daily and as needed machine washable laundry (spots and stains are not treated).
~ Arrangements made for health care, social services, social activities;
~ The administration of medications and/or reminders or physical assistance to residents who can
~ Assist in making arrangements for residents who wish to attend a Daycare program.
10. Do you arrange for onsite visits from health providers and professionals?
- Yes. We arrange for the following additional services to be done at our facilities through health
insurance or at the resident’s expense:
~ In home Health Services (x-ray; blood work, Doppler, podiatry, dental, hearing, lab work,
~ In home Doctor visits and other professional medical care.
~ In home hairdresser, barber
~ Escort and assistance to appointments.
~ Over the counter/prescription medications
~ Medical/nursing supplies used by resident.
11. Can a resident attend Daycare or Social activities?
- Yes. If the resident is capable of attending outside events, we will help in arranging attendance these
services at the resident’s expense.
12. Is there a difference in price for private and semi-private?
- Private rooms are slightly higher than the semi-private rooms. The care fee is based on the level of care,
not on the room.
13. Are your current residents alert and orientated to their surroundings?
- As we accept all levels of care, some of our residents are alert and orientated and other residents are
dependent of total care.
14. Do you provide activities inside and outside of the home?
- Yes, activities are scheduled throughout the day that our residents participate in including, games,
puzzles, crafts, music, TV, etc. and we do frequently, weather permitting, take the resident outside to
our porch area for picnics or to the other facilities. Residents able to walk are sometimes taken for
outings around the community. We invite you to see pictures of our activities on our Facebook page at:
JK House of Grace, Assisted Living Homes.
15. What is your staff to resident ratio?
- Our staff to resident ratio is 1:4 daytime and 1:8 nighttime.
16. Do you have awake staff at night?
- Yes. We have 24/7 caregivers. We do not have live-in staff. Our caregivers work shifts and our night
shift checks on residents continuously through the night without disturbing the resident’s sleep or
comfort unless for re-positioning or for tending to the incontinent needs of the resident.
17. Do you have cable TV’s in the rooms?
- We are happy to provide standard local TV channels in any room for our residents. There is no
additional charge for this service.
18. Are there phones in the resident rooms?
- Our residents can use the cordless house phone free of charge. If a resident/resident family wants a
separate line the resident/family can arrange with the phone company to install a phone at an additional
charge, or the resident/resident family can have a personal cellular phone.
19. Do you take respite care?
- Yes. We can provide respite care for stays of three days up to two months.
20. Do accept residents through the Arc Montgomery County program?
- Yes. We are a consortium member with the Arc program and the respite approved hours can be used at
21. Can you provide Hospice/Palliative Services to your residents?
- Yes. We work with numerous Hospice/Palliative Agencies in providing this service to our residents.
22. What Social Media do you use?
- We have a Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram. We post activities in these medias.
23. What kind of experience and training does your caregiver staff possess?
- Our staff is trained to recognize and respect the whole person. All caregivers are qualified to work with
the elderly and are certified in CPR and First Aid. Many of our caregivers are certified CNAs (Certified
Nursing Assistants) and most caregivers are certified MT (Medication Technicians). All caregivers are
given ongoing training in Cognitive Impairment & Mental Illness, Infection Control, Basic Food Safely,
Fire & Life Safety, Emergency Disaster Plans, Health & Psycho-social needs, Resident Rights, etc.
24. Are you willing to provide references?
- Yes. A list of current and former clients will be given upon request.
25. Do you take Long-Term Care Insurance?
- Yes. Assistance is given in submitting documentation to LTC Company for the resident.
26. Do you take Medicaid Waiver or State Subsidy?
- No. We are a private pay facility.
27. How do families who live out of state, connect to their loved one?
- Families can communicate with their loved one through the use of video calls through the following
apps: WhatsApp, Skype, Viber, LINE, Tango, imo, Facebook Messenger, etc. or through iPhone
28. Are pets allowed in the facilities? Yes. Families can bring their pets for visits as long as the pets are friendly to strangers.
29. Do you do a background check to your employees?
- Yes, prior to employment all employees undergo screenings and background checks.
30. I have more questions. Who can I contact?
- You can contact us at (301) 792-1144, click on the contact us tab above, or send us an email at